Cannabis simple syrup makes it extremely easy to infuse your cannabinoids into pretty much any beverage or recipe that requires sugar. It is very easy to make and lasts a long time when stored properly. Weed simple syrup (aka sugar syrup) can be made weak, or strong, depending on your personal preference. In this recipe, we will be using cannabis buds – however you can also use trim/shake or concentrates like wax or hashish. This recipe also works with CBD hemp flower to make a CBD infused simple syrup rather than a THC syrup.
The only ingredients you need to make this weed syrup (apart from the cannabis) are sugar, water, and vegetable glycerine. If you do not have vegetable glycerine, check the baking section in a supermarket or you can pick some up at your local health food shop.
Click the “jump to recipe” button to go straight to how to make cannabis simple syrup, or scroll down to the recipe.
If you are looking for a machine that you can make a strong cannabis syrup with, as well as many other things like cannabutter, tinctures, and even infused gummies – look no further. The LEVO II Oil Infuser makes the process of edible making extremely easy and hassle free. You can even decarb with it! For cheaper options, check out our list of weed infusion machines.
What recipes can i use THC syrup in?
You can use this infused sugar syrup in almost any recipe (both food, and drinks) that requires sugar. You can even just drizzle it on top of your favourite desserts, or into your morning cereal for a nice dose of THC to start the day. The possibilities are endless!
Here are some recipes that you can use this infused syrup in:
- Cannabis Infused Coffee
- Weed Infused Grapefruit Lemonade
- Weed Infused Pancakes
- Cannabis Banana Smoothie
As well as all the recipes listed above, you can use this syrup as an infuser or sweetener in these cannabis infused cocktail recipes.
What type of sugar can i use?
You can use whatever type of sugar you desire. The type of sugar you use will affect the colour and taste of the syrup. Use white sugar to get a clear coloured syrup, and brown sugar to get an amber coloured syrup.
For those who need to avoid sugar, you can also make a sugar-free version. Check out our guide on how to make sugar-free cannabis syrup.
Can I add flavour to this cannabis syrup?
Absolutely! You can infuse the flavours of pretty much any fruit, spice, or herb into this cannabis sugar syrup. To add flavour to your syrup, simply add whatever fruit/herb/spice you want during cooking then strain it out with a filter or sieve at the end.
Here are some flavour ideas:
Cannabis Simple Syrup (THC Syrup Recipe)
- 3.5 – 7g dried cannabis (add more or less if you prefer)
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 cups water
- 2 tbsp vegetable glycerin (you can get this at your local health food shop)
- To start, decarboxylate your cannabis to activate the THC. Preheat your oven to 240F/115C. Line a baking tray with parchment paper then evenly spread your roughly ground cannabis on top. Cover the tray with foil and crumple the edges to tightly seal it. Bake in the preheated oven for 35 minutes. Give the tray a light shake half way through to help the cannabis decarb evenly.
- Bring the water to a boil on low heat and add the sugar. Stir frequently until the sugar is fully dissolved in the water.
- Once the sugar has dissolved, add your decarboxylated cannabis and let it gently boil for 15 minutes. Stir frequently and do not allow it to get too hot and over boil. Too high of a temperature can damage the THC and other cannabinoids.
- After letting the mixture low boil for 15 minutes, lower the heat and add the vegetable glycerin. Let the mixture simmer for 6 to 7 minutes while regularly stirring. The mixture will now have started to thicken up into a syrup. If the syrup is too thin for your liking, allow to simmer for a few more minutes to thicken it up.
- Take the hot syrup off the heat and allow to cool down. While it's cooling down, prepare a small strainer or cheese cloth which we will use to strain out the cannabis bits from the syrup.
- Pour the warm syrup through your strainer or cheese cloth to remove the weed bits. When the cannabis infused simple syrup has cooled down, it is now ready to use. Try it out in your favourite canna-cocktail recipe or add it to any drink. Enjoy!Store syrup in the fridge for best results.
What should my weed infused syrup look like when it’s done?
Your infused syrup will be anywhere from an almost clear colour, to a yellow or golden brown colour. The colour of your syrup entirely depends on the type of sugar and cannabis used, as well as the quantity of cannabis used.
Affiliate Disclaimer: this page contains affiliate links which we receive commission on.