Cannabis milk is one of the easiest and beginner-friendly infusions out there. It is ridiculously simple to make and you will only need two ingredients: cannabis and milk. And if you don’t want to just drink the delicious weed milk, you can use it with any recipe that you would normally use milk in. Personally, I keep a jug of infused milk in the fridge at all times and use it instead of normal milk. A bit of canna-milk in my morning coffee really gives it a nice flavour and is a great way to start the day. The possibilities for using the marijuana-milk are endless!
Here are a few easy recipes that you can use your cannabis infused milk in:
- cannabis infused hot chocolate
- weed milkshakes
- cannabis infused sauces and soups
- creamy cannabis infused scrambled eggs
- delicious weed ice cream
What type of milk should i use to make weed milk?
The best type of milk to use is full fat milk. Cannabinoids require fat to properly infuse into and if you use a low fat or fat free milk, you will most likely notice a weaker end product. Coconut milk and other non-dairy milks also work great with this recipe. I would also recommend adding a small amount of lecithin powder (optional) to aid absorption and potency, especially if you are using a low fat milk.
How much weed should i use?
This entirely depends on your personal preference, tolerance, and quality of the herb you are using. We recommend 1-3.5 grams of cannabis buds per 500ml of milk however you can add more or less depending on your preference and tolerance. The flavours and aroma of your herb will also infuse into the milk so use a strain that you think would work well. Fruity strains work great! You can use leaf and trim instead of buds however you will get a superior flavour and potency if you use buds.
The medicinal effects of the strain you use will also transfer into your canna-milk. Using a sativa strain will give your canna-milk an energetic, creativity boosting effect while an indica strain will give your milk a stoney couch-lock effect. For the best of both worlds, use a hybrid strain.
Quick & Easy Cannabis Infused Milk (Homemade Marijuana Milk)
- 7 Grams Cannabis Buds (or leaves/trim)
- 1 Litre Milk (full fat preferably)
- Decarboxylate your cannabis to maximize the potency of this recipe. Preheat your oven to 240°F (115°C). Coarsely grind your cannabis and spread it into an even layer on a baking tray or dish. Cover with foil then put into the preheated oven for 25-40 minutes. Take out of oven and allow to cool down.
- Pour your milk into a pot and bring it to a boil then let simmer. Use a low heat or double boiler to ensure your milk does not burn.
- Add your decarboxylated cannabis to the simmering milk and stir continuously until it is all fully submerged in the milk.
- Let the canna-milk simmer for 45-60 minutes. Do not allow to boil. Stir the mixture every 10-15 minutes. Your milk will turn a slightly off-white, greenish-yellow colour depending on the age, strain, dryness, and quality of the cannabis you used.
- Take the canna-milk mixture off the heat and prepare your straining device (sieve, cheese cloth, coffee filter) as well as a bottle or container to pour the strained weed milk into.
- Pour the milk through your straining device to separate and remove the cannabis debris from the milk. Try to squeeze out every last drop of special milk from the herbs left in the strainer or filter so none of it goes to waste.
- Allow the strained milk to cool before drinking or storing in the fridge. Drink it either cold or warm, or use it as an ingredient in an infused recipe.
Will weed milk get me high?
If you used cannabis which contains THC, yes. But if you used CBD hemp flowers with no THC, then no. The potency of your weed milk also depends on the quality and quantity of cannabis used. If you did not infuse much cannabis into it, it may be a very subtle high that is barely noticeable. If you want to make your weed infused milk stronger, consider using a higher quality/quantity of cannabis or a concentrate like hash oil instead.
The “high” from cannabis comes from the THC in it so if you do not want your weed milk to get you high, do not use any THC containing products.