Indulge in the explosion of flavours with every bite of the most delectable dish out there – Macaroni and Cheese! The al dente elbow macaroni, enveloped in a silky smooth cheese sauce crafted from a harmonious blend of sharp cheddar cheese and nutty Parmesan cheese, creates a symphony of tastes in your mouth with every forkful. And wait till you taste the crunchy, golden breadcrumb topping that adds a tantalizing texture to this comfort food classic. Whether you’re seeking a cosy and intimate dinner for two or a quick and satisfying lunch, this dish is guaranteed to leave you in awe of its richness, creaminess, and complexity. Don’t wait any longer, treat yourself to the ultimate cheesy delight today!
To add another layer of complexity and flavours, we will be infusing cannabis into it. For this recipe I will be using a fruity lemon haze. The limonene terpenes from this strain compliment the salty savouriness of this dish. And by the time you finish dinner, you should have already started feeling the lovely effects from the cannabis! (Depending on how fast of an eater you are).
Lets get right into this cannabis infused macaroni cheese recipe.
What can I use to infuse cannabis into this recipe?
I will be using cannabutter in this recipe which is what I recommend you also use, however you can also use one of these ingredients below instead:
- Cannabis infused milk (Cannamilk)
- Weed infused coconut oil
- Weed infused olive oil
- Cannabis alcohol tincture
To use cannamilk in this recipe, simply replace the normal milk in the recipe with it.
If using infused olive or coconut oil, remove a small amount of butter from this recipe and replace it with the infused coconut or olive oil. Do not fully replace the butter with it though, just a little bit.
If using cannabis alcohol tincture, simple add the desired amount into the dish during step 4 on the recipe.
Cannabis Infused Macaroni Cheese
- 300 g macaroni
- 40 g cannabutter
- 25 g flour (plain or all purpose)
- 500 ml milk
- 200 g mature cheddar (grated)
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- salt & pepper (as desired)
- 1 tbsp breadcrumbs (optional topping)
- 1 tbsp parmesan (optional topping)
- Preheat the oven to 220°C / 200°C Fan.
- Partially cook the macaroni until its slightly undercooked. 2-3 minutes less than the cooking time stated on the packaging. The brand I am using takes 10 minutes to cook, so I will cook it for 8 minutes.
- While the macaroni is cooking, start making the sauce. Melt the cannabutter in a separate pan on a low heat. Once the butter has melted, add the flour and stir until it is mixed in. Allow to cook for a further minute before proceeding with next step.
- Slowly add the milk into the sauce mixture bit by bit, stirring constantly. Keep stirring until the milk has fully incorporated into the sauce. If there are stubborn lumps in the sauce, whisk until they are gone.
- Add the mustard, and salt and pepper to taste. Then add half of the cheese and stir until melted and mixed in with the sauce. Take the cheese sauce off the heat and set aside once it is done.
- Once the macaroni is finished partially cooking, drain the water. Save a few tablespoons of the cooking water to add to the cheese sauce.
- Pour the partially cooked macaroni and a few tablespoons of the cooking water into the cheese sauce then stir, ensuring everything is nicely covered in the sauce.
- Pour the macaroni & cheese sauce into an oven-proof dish then sprinkle the other half of the cheese on top. If using breadcrumbs and parmesan, sprinkle evenly on top afterwards.
- Place it into the preheated oven and bake for 10 minutes (or until golden brown on top). Allow to cool down for a few minutes after removing from oven then serve.