Are you a fan of vanilla cupcakes but want to add a little something extra to your dessert? Look no further than cannabis infused vanilla cupcakes! Not only do they taste great, but they also provide a fun and enjoyable way to consume cannabis. They can be eaten as they are or topped with frostings, cream, and whatever else you’d like to put on top of them.
I will be using a lemon haze cannabutter to make this recipe – the limonene terpenes perfectly compliment the sweet vanilla flavour of the cupcakes. I would personally recommend picking a strain with fruity terpenes to use in this recipe but feel free to use any strain you want. Not sure what terpenes your strain has? Take a look at Leafly’s strain library to find out all the information for each strain including their terpene profiles.
What can I use to infuse cannabis into this recipe?
We will be using cannabutter to infuse the cannabis into our cupcakes however you can also use one of these ingredients instead:
Click on the links above to learn how to make these ingredients at home very easily.
If using cannamilk, simply replace the milk in the recipe with the cannamilk. To use infused coconut or olive oil, replace the cannabutter with these ingredients using the same measurements.
Cannabis Infused Vanilla Cupcakes
- 1 1/2 cups All-purpose flour
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 1/4 tsp Baking soda
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/2 cup Unsalted cannabutter (softened)
- 1 cup Granulated sugar
- 2 Large eggs
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 cup Whole milk
- Preheat your oven to 350F (180C) and line a muffin baking tray with 12 cupcake liners.
- Whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt until combined.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the cannabutter and sugar until light and fluffy. This can take about 2-3 minutes with an electric mixer or slightly longer without.
- Add the eggs to the cannabutter mixture one at a time. Mix well after each egg is added. Then, mix in the vanilla extract.
- Gradually add the flour mixture to the cannabutter mixture in three parts, alternating with the milk in two parts, beginning and ending with the flour mixture. Mix until just combined.
- Divide the batter evenly among the 12 cupcake liners, filling each liner about 2/3 full.
- Place into the preheated oven and bake for 18-20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the centre of a cupcake comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for a few minutes then transfer onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- Once cooled, you can eat them as they are or frost or decorate them as desired. Enjoy your weed infused vanilla cupcakes!