Cannabis-infused gummy bears have become increasingly popular in recent years, thanks to their delicious taste and potent effects. These gummy bears are made with cannabis-infused oil or tincture, which is mixed with gelatin, fruit flavorings, and other ingredients to create a tasty and effective edible. It may sound complicated, but it’s really not! You can make some at home very easily in under an hour.
To jump straight into how to make weed gummy bears, click on the “jump to recipe” button above.
One of the most appealing aspects of cannabis-infused gummy bears is their convenience. They’re discreet and easy to consume, making them a popular choice for people who want to enjoy the benefits of cannabis without smoking or vaping. Plus, they’re easy to dose, as each gummy bear contains a specific amount of THC or CBD.
Another benefit of cannabis-infused gummy bears is their versatility. You can make them in a wide range of flavors and strengths, allowing users to choose the type of gummy bear that best suits their needs. Some gummy bears are designed for relaxation and stress relief, while others are formulated for energy and focus. You can find out more information about the strain you are using, as well as its terpene profile and effects by visiting Leafly’s strain database. For an energy boosting strain you will want a sativa dominant strain and for pain relief and relaxation an indica dominant strain.
It’s important to note that cannabis-infused gummy bears can have different effects on different people. Factors such as body weight, metabolism, and tolerance can all impact how a person responds to a particular dose of THC or CBD. It’s important to start with a low dose and gradually increase as needed to avoid overconsumption.
Weed Infused Gummy Bears
- Gummy Bear Mold
- 1/2 cup cannabis infused coconut oil
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 3 oz packet of flavored gelatin (the standard sized Jell-o boxes)
- 2 tbsp unflavored gelatin
- 1/2 tsp soy or sunflower lecithin
- On a low heat, add the water, cannabis-infused coconut oil, and the lecithin into a pot and stir until the oil has completely melted.
- Add in the flavored and unflavored gelatin while stirring constantly.
- Cook on low heat for 10-15 minutes until the gelatin has dissolved. Keep whisking the mixture and ensure it does not boil.
- Pour the mixture through a mesh strainer to remove any undissolved gelatin and other impurities.
- Use a syringe or dropper to fill your gummy molds with the mixture. Try to be quick so the liquid does not cool down and start separating. Keep mixing the mixture so it does not harden while you are filling your molds.
- When you have filled your gummy mold, place it into the freezer for 25 minutes.
- After 25 minutes they are ready to eat! They are best stored in an airtight container in the fridge and consumed within 3-4 weeks.