Cannabis infused lemonade is a classic summer thirst-quencher with a kick! It is incredibly refreshing and very easy to make at home, in under 10 minutes. You can make a pitcher fresh to drink, or bottle it up and refrigerate for a tasty cannabinoid infused drink later on. Check out our list of cannabis infusion machines to make this recipe even simpler!
To go straight to the cannabis infused lemonade recipe, click on the “jump to recipe” button above.
What ingredients do I need?
Lemons. You need approximately 4-6 lemons to get 1 cup of lemon juice. 1 cup of lemon juice is good enough for 1 pitcher of weed infused lemonade.
Infusion ingredient – either weed infused sugar, or weed infused honey. You only need to use one of these ingredients. Take the pick of which one you want to use. If you are sitting there with weed nuggets in your hands, wondering what to do because you do not have any infused honey or sugar – check out their step-by-step recipes. Infuse those nugs into some honey or sugar then return to this recipe.
Alternatively, you can follow this recipe using normal non-infused sugar/honey then add a few drops of cannabis tincture at the end to infuse the lemonade with cannabinoids.
Cannabis Infused Lemonade
- juicer tool
Infusion Ingredient (only pick one of these infused ingredients to use)
- 1 cup cannabis infused sugar
- ½ cup cannabis infused honey
- 1 cup freshly-squeezed lemon juice (requires approximately 4-6 lemons)
- 1 cup water (to make simple syrup)
- 2-3 cups cold water (to dilute)
- Add 1 cup of water and the infused sugar or honey to a small saucepan and bring to a gentle simmer. Do not allow to boil. Stir until the sugar/honey dissolves completely then remove from heat.
- While you are waiting for the water to heat up and sugar/honey to dissolve, juice the lemons. You will need roughly 4-6 lemons for 1 cup of lemon juice depending on the size of your lemons.
- Pour the lemon juice and the dissolved infused sugar/honey water into a serving pitcher. Add 2-3 cups of cold water to dilute. Taste and add more water if desired.If the lemonade is too sweet for your liking, simply add a bit more water or a bit more lemon juice.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes to chill. Serve with ice and sliced lemons.
Can cannabis infused lemonade get me high?
If you used cannabis which contains THC to make your cannasugar or cannahoney, then yes.
How high you get depends on the potency of your infused honey/sugar. You may barely feel it if your infused honey/sugar is weak, and on the opposite end of the spectrum, it may blow your socks off if your infused ingredients are potent. Please keep in mind that it can take upwards of an hour to fully feel the effects from cannabis edibles (and drinkables). Always test the potency of your infused goodies with a small amount first.
The “high” from cannabis comes from the THC is cannabis. If you want to make cannabinoid infused lemonade without the THC, use CBD dominant strains with little to no THC to make your infused honey/sugar. You can get strains that have 0.2% or less THC in but plenty CBD. Alternatively, you can use a CBD alcohol tincture which contains no THC. Just add a few drops to the pitcher of freshly made lemonade at the end, before serving.