Indulge in the ultimate sweet and crunchy treat with this mouth-watering toffee popcorn (also known as caramel popcorn) recipe! Each handful of perfectly popped kernels is coated in a rich and buttery toffee sauce, creating a satisfying balance of sweet and salty flavours. The toffee glaze hardens and cracks with every bite, giving way to a satisfying crunch that will leave you wanting more. Whether you’re looking for a sweet snack or a dessert that’s sure to impress, this toffee popcorn is the perfect choice. So gather your ingredients, preheat your oven, and get ready to tantalize your taste buds with this delectable treat!
To take it to the next level, we will be infusing cannabis into this tasty snack. The aroma and flavours from the cannabis compliment the sweet and salty flavours from the popcorn. I will be using a sweet and fruity lemon haze for this infusion because the limonene heavy terpene profile goes incredibly well with the toffee flavour. Lets get straight into it!
What can I use to infuse cannabis into this recipe?
I recommend using cannabutter as the main infusion ingredient in this recipe however you can also use any of the ingredients below.
If you do not already have one of the above ingredients, click on the links for an easy to follow guide on how to make them.
If using cannasugar, simply switch out the sugar in the recipe for cannasugar.
To use cannabis alcohol tincture, add your desired amount during step 3 and mix in after the mixture has slightly cooled from boiling point.
Cannabis Infused Toffee Popcorn
- 230 g un-popped popcorn (1 cup)
- 115 g cannabutter (1/2 cup)
- 130 g light brown sugar (1 cup)
- 115 g corn syrup (1/2 cup)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- non-stick cooking spray
- Preheat your oven to 120C (250F). Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and lightly spray it with non-stick cooking spray.
- Melt the cannabutter over medium heat in a saucepan. Add the brown sugar, corn syrup, vanilla extract, baking soda, and salt to the melted cannabutter and stir until well combined.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, stirring constantly, for about 5 minutes or until it reaches a temperature of 118°C (245°F) on a cooking thermometer.
- While the mixture is cooking, cook your popcorn then place it in a bowl
- Pour the hot cannabis infused toffee mixture over the popcorn, stirring until the popcorn is evenly coated.
- Spread the toffee popcorn out in an even layer on the prepared and greased baking sheet.
- Bake the infused toffee popcorn in the preheated oven for 30 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes.
- Remove popcorn from the oven and let it cool completely on the baking sheet.
- Once it has cooled down and hardened, break the cannabis infused toffee popcorn into pieces. Ready to eat, enjoy!