Margarita cocktails are already an irresistible, taste bud tingling treat. Why not make them even better by infusing your favourite weed strain into them? Follow our step by step recipe to make a delicious cannabis infused margarita that you will be sure to love. The scent, and flavour profile of cannabis goes extremely well with a sweet and sour cocktail like margarita.
You can make this recipe the normal way, or the “slushy” way by using a blender or crushed ice. Whichever way you choose to make them, be careful not to drink too many of them!
This infused cocktail recipe works best with fruity citrus strains, which have terpene profiles that perfectly compliment the flavours of the margarita. Let’s get started!
What can I use to infuse the cannabis into the cocktail?
We have suggested 5 different infusion options for you to choose from below. Choose whichever one you prefer. You can use any of these infused ingredients to make this cannabis cocktail:
- Cannabis Infused Tequila
- Cannabis Infused Simple Syrup
- Cannabis Alcohol Tincture
- Cannabis Infused Sugar
- Cannabis Infused Honey
Click on the links above to find out how to make them, if you haven’t already got them. They are all quick and easy to make! You only need one of these infused ingredients for this recipe.
Delicious Weed Infused Margarita Cocktail
- 50 ml Weed Infused Tequila
- 25 ml Lime Juice Freshly squeezed preferably
- 20 ml Orange Liqueur (Cointreau, Grand Marnier, Triple Sec)
- 1 tbsp Kosher Salt (Optional garnish)
- 2 wedges Lime Wedge Slices (Optional garnish)
- Ice (Cubes or crushed ice)
- Agave Nectar or Syrup (Optional sweetener)
- Add the infused tequila, lime juice, orange liqueur, sweetener of choice (agave nectar, honey, infused simple syrup), and ice to a cocktail shaker. If you are infusing using a cannabis tincture, add your desired amount to the mixture. Shake until thoroughly mixed and cold.Alternatively, put these ingredients into a blender and blend until its a smooth slushy consistency.
- Use a lime slice to wet the rim of your glass or cup then dip it into salt to give it a nice looking appearance (optional).
- If you used a cocktail shaker, put some fresh ice into your glass/cup then strain the cocktail over the ice. It is now ready to garnish.If you used a blender, pour the cocktail directly from the blender into your glass or cup. It is now ready to garnish.
- Garnish: Cut a small slit into a lime wedge and slip it onto the rim of your cup. Grate a bit of lime zest on top to add extra zing to the cocktail. Enjoy!
Want to try something different? Try adding these fruits to your margarita recipe
The standard weed margarita recipe is delicious as it is, so imagine how it would taste with a fruity twist! Try adding these fruits to your margarita, either muddled and strained, finely diced, or pureed in a blender:
- Blood Orange
What is your favourite margarita recipe? Let us know by leaving a comment below